Our specialist geriatric services require a valid referral from either your GP or other specialists. The cost of all our geriatric specialist consultations is covered by Medicare and/or DVA, with no additional cost to our patients.
Weston Creek Family Medicine believes that a good diet is a key to good health. Many avoidable chronic health conditions are linked to obesity and unhealthy eating habits. We understand that everyone has different nutritional requirements, food preferences, and lifestyle needs. We provide tailored nutrition advice to help our patients best meet their dietary needs and health goals.
- Obesity Management
- Metabolic syndrome
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes management and diabetic education
- High cholesterol and high blood pressure management
- Food intolerances and allergies
- Coeliac disease management
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Fatty liver and liver disorders
- Eating disorders
- Vegetarian/Vegan diet management
- Nutrition advise for elderly (Osteoporosis, loss of appetite, weight loss, Dementia, Parkinson’s disease etc.,)
- Nutrition advise for children (fussy eating, intolerances, allergies, deficiencies etc.,)
Our dieticians are registered Medicare providers. A referral from your GP is required to access Medicare rebates under the Chronic Disease Management Initiative or an Enhanced Primary Care plan.
Many private health insurance funds offer rebates on dietetic services, depending on your level of cover. DVA covers the cost of ongoing nutritional advice and supplement prescriptions at no additional cost to veterans.